Before I start the final 2 days of the trip, a couple notes of what I missed day 1 & 2.
As Dirt suggested, some of my energy may have come from a 5 hour energy drink, the fat bammer guy agrees.
The Rogue beer at the Brickstore was Rogue Capn Sigs Northwestern Ale. Tasty.
I did laugh at Rodney Carrington ... the first 45 mins, the last 2 hours ... not so much or I was sleeping.
Ok, here is some long reading ...
- Watching College Gameday then a "American Breakfast Buffet" at the Hilton Garden then subsequent download, off to the MARTA for a 20 min ride to the Dome. Not before Bobble had to sneak in our bathroom, defoul it and then wet every roll of toilet paper. Would have worked better if I couldn't just walk 10' feet in the hall way and get new fresh ones. Better done late at night.
- Dirt with keen eyes sees something of interest as the train stops, we move up a car to find ... Dragoncon people, 2 guys (1 bout 6'7" other 6'2") dressed in nicely made, expensive black cowled robes. All eyes were on those freaks, specially the tall 1 who was carrying a 4' light sabre. The jokes came early and often, Bobble was ready incase the sabre dude came after him, by practicing his matrix movement. The dawg coeds(tailgating at the dome) couldn't stop laughing.
- 90% of Bammer fans all day were really cool.
- First stop, scoping the lots, nice early showing by both set of fans. Straight to the VT/Bama Tailgate Slamma at an elementary school on the edge of Vine City. 1pm, just getting started, a big tent w/a tv projector they can't get working, a dj pounding the airwaves, 2 smokers working lunch, 6 beer taps including sweetwater 420 and dos equis and something called mexicana gasolina (ruh roh,) cornhole boards up and what looks to be 2 ice luges that immediately grabs dirt's attention. Pound 1 beer down, pour another and make a trip to the RV lot to find Jarrett.
- One of many RV lots, finally found Jarrett, I'd say it was 4-1 Bammer to Hokies in the RV's. A lil cornhole (real duckcloth cornhole bags filled with corn is the only way to go.) Ice luge time for Dirt, ruh-roh he's hooked. Drink a few, get Jarrett to steal a O&M Bud Light can for me (yeah, I know BL is awful, but still.) Enjoyed his Sweetwater 420's ... sorry if we drank em all.
- On the walk back, ran into 3 Hokie Cheerleaders. Smokin' hot, Da thrill is still pulling tongue thinking of them nightly. Some Bammer fans booed them. I had to say something, I asked seriously .... "you'd hit it, you can't boo that!" They agreed, but grudgingly. Morons.
- Back to the Slamma, food is on. Decent bbq, restrooms in the school are now foul and it's not even 3pm. Most of the 500 are now there. Lots of eye candy. Tv still not working, kegs are. Hung out with my boy from way back, Sal. 18 long years ago and we haven't changed. Thanks for hooking me up with the invite!
- While in the long line for the piss covered floors of the bathroom, I talked with a 13 year old food server. I am 6'3", he's not any shorter than 6'1.5" and big. He needs to get angrier, seems to happy but we all told him to consider VT as he gets older. Was not a ugga or GiT fan.
- Sold my spare ticket to a good Hokie a few lots away and saw the coolest drinking game ever.
- Ok, take the big fat wiffle ball bats (not the yellow skinny one.) Cut off the bottom knub off the handle.
- Now take shitty beer, poor down the handle.
- Crush can
- Make the guy chug it. Count as he drinks.
- However many seconds it took to drink, he has to put the bat to his forehead bend over and spin, fast.
- Disoriented, stand up and try to swing said bat at the crushed can. You hit it, you win. Win respect. haha.
- Damn this game 18 yrs too late for me. Side note, 1 bammer guy drilled the shit out of the can and put a nice dent/scratch in a car. HOT.
- Back to Slamma. Ice Luge is on ... Dirt hits that about 4 times (while I was there.) I get in the action too, then the unthinkable.
- A man in his fitties, missing 5 teef with afro puffs working for the school, emptying trash goes by with his trashcan. He stops, points and takes a nice long vodka ice luge shot. Damn. I'd sterilize that. Luckily there are 3 other luges, but someone forgot to tell the dude who just went behind him. Oops. Guy might be lucky if swine flu and something worse just entered his system. I run over, high 5 the worker. I soon realize, that was not his first drink of the day.
- 30mins later someone's moms .... err more like grandmom's get some luge too! Awesome. The first pic is how I saw it, the 2nd is how da Thrill saw it.
From atl From atl
- Kiker goes thru like 4 packs of cigs. Howlett is drunker than he has been in years.
- Some drunk cornholing, win a few, swap partners a few times, I come back 3 mins later and they are off. As good as Bobble is (real good) the guy that beat down Dirt apparently should get paid for that performance. He not Mark Ingram was the MVP of the day.
- Ruh-Roh Sweetwater 420 is gone. Dos XX is next, so that's ok.
- Ruh-Roh Dos XX is gone. Some really shitty yellow beer is next. By that time, it did not matter. Da Thrill doesn't remember any of this, I guarantee it.
- Check in on the games, Okie State putting it in on ugga now.
- No clue ... pretty sure I was drinking a lot. Ended up at the smoker, pulling pieces of pork off the butt off the smoker. Yeah, gimme drink, gimme eat and .... gimmee 5 hour energy drink!
Game and After
- Walking in, lots of drunks, go figure .... hey wait a minute, that resembles me. 2 assholes, 1 Hokie, 1 Tide guy, drank too much, talked to much shit and got physical. How's it feel to get pinched mofo's? Dumbasses.
- Well you know the results, I won't get into that.
- It was LOUD, very LOUD and hot. Turn on the AC aholes!
- Da Thrill almost fell fwd (we were upper deck) a few times.
- A couple jerk Hokie fans beside me, uggh.
- After the game, 1 can imagine the MARTA was crowded with well, smelly, depressed Hokie fans. OMG, it smelled really bad.
- A quick pit stop at Cheetah. $40 cab ride back to hotel.
- Hotel, crashed, crashed HARD.
- Woke up late, showered some free hotel food (thanks Dirt, that saved us $11 individually, each day.) Kiker slept thru it, he had a free day to do Lawd knows what, likely some how talking with swingers or something deviant like that.
- Stop by Best Buy 4 blocks away ... now the ipod is working with the stereo and no more fucking Rodney Carrington! My IPOD gets heavy use.
- A few blode up commodes thru the south as we head back to Va. A couple of energy drinks too.
- Last official stop is at Jimmy's Lexington BBQ. Western Carolina style. Very good, but I am still an Eastern Carolina style bbq guy. The red slaw was tight too.
- Home at 8:30. That's a lil more than 9 hours from the ATL once you take out the stops. Solid.
Odds n Ends
- Kiker hooked us up with $40 a night rooms. nice.
- Rode to and from on Dirt's company car & gas
- Da thrill got us free Braves tix, food and parking
- The tailgate was $20.
- Basically all we paid for was beer at bars and game tix. I spent less than $350 for all that. Hard to believe.
- I had 8 full meals on my trip, all 8 included pork, be it sausage, bbq or bacon. Hell yeah.
- Up there with the cross country trip to New Mexico and back and the NYC trip as the best boys weekend trip ever. I rebounded from my slightly down Chi-town visit.
- Another group of pics of what Dirt did all day coming later this week. Deserves it's own post .... teaser.